So it was my 21st Birthday a couple of weeks ago, and naturally I dreamt I had to have a Garden Party, in my Garden! Luckily the weather was amazing!
(I’m also a twin, and Lauren was off seeing the amazing United States, you know just casually jumping out of planes, getting crazy drunk, so it was sad to celebrate it separately, but nether-the-less I had an awesome night!)
I also always dreamt of having the most delicious Raw Cashew Cake for my Birthday, and I figured i’d put myself up to the task! After testing numerous types at various vegan restaurants I decided Blueberry and Lemon was the combo to be!
So here’s the recipe to this dreamy, velvety, tangy, animal-free, cake!
For the layers-
4 cups soaked raw cashews
2.5 c frozen defrosted Blueberries
1 c Lemon juice
1 tbsp Lecithin
1 c Coconut nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Celtic salt
1 c Coconut oil
For the base-
2 c Almonds
1/2 c Shredded coconut
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp celtic salt
1 pack edible flowers (or from your garden,even better! )
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
This was for a 27cm springform pan and came up about 5cm
I highly recommend using a high powered, good quality blender/processor because the nuts need to ‘cream’.
1. To make the base, blend the almonds in a processor into a rough flour, add the coconut and dates and blend. Transfer to bowl and mix in the vanilla, coconut oil and salt and mix well with your hands. It shouldn’t be too moist but should be able to stick.
2. Brush coconut oil all over the inside of the springform pan.
3. Press the base mixture evenly over the bottom of the springform, press It down really firm. Place in fridge.
4. Blend the cashews, lemon juice, coconut nectar, salt, and vanilla in a high powered processor/blender for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add the lecithin and 3/4 cup of coconut oil and blend again until well combined, smooth and the lecithins dissolved.
6. Transfer about 2/3 of the mixture to the spring form (the lemon layer) and smooth it out flat.
7. Add the blueberries, the other 1/4 cup of coconut oil to the mixture in the processor and blend until well combined.
8. Pour over the springform and spread flat and smoothly.
9. Set in the fridge overnight, then decorate with some fresh blueberries and edible flowers 🙌 🌸
and ta-da! You have yourself an impressive, colourful, fruity cake!
care-full its addictive!
and hey, just because its your Birthday doesn’t mean you have to fall into the trap of eating refined sugars, additives and highly processed foods, but you can enjoy a treat that also nourishes the body! hehe
plus this will definitely impress the fam or make a very special gift to a friend 🙂