Well valentines day is just around the corner, and guess what.. I’ll be over in Hawaii, laying on the beach, exploring waterfalls, and sipping on coconuts, so I thought I would get in early and give you a beautiful easy recipe that you can make for Valentines day. I’ve got just the treat for your lover, or you know what.. these will make a great gift to yourself, since valentines day can be a perfect opportunity to treat yourself, love yourself. ❥ Or even better, make up a batch of these and give them to everyone precious in your life, your mother, sister, children, friends, show them just how special they are 🙂
Anyway, i don’t know about you, but i definitely made these for myself 😉 hehe
Basically these are what I would call ‘raw cookies’. Made from nuts, dates, super berries, and cacao. These love bites are little beautifying bombs! Packed with antioxidants in the BERRIES!! I’ve used a combination of Maqui, Goji, Raspberry, and Cranberries. Whatever berry combo you want to use, they will be delicious. All be it, Maqui berry is expensive, but hey, id rather spend my money on new amazing super foods then a new pair of shoes. 😉 Maqui berry is super awesome as its believed to have the highest antioxidant amount in any known fruit. So anyway, I thought this was totally awesome and went out and bought a big jar of it. ♡
The loads of cacao in these also make them high in antioxidants, iron and magnesium. Raw cacao has double the antioxidants then cocoa powder which has been roasted. So always use raw cacao powder, its delicious, and amazing for your body.
Okay, so, what will you need to create these:
for the cookies
1.5 cups of raw nuts (I used mostly cashews, and some almonds)
1/2 cup buckwheat grouts
10 medjool dates
1/2 cup dried berries (I used goji and cranberries)
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
2 tbsp maqui berry powder
2 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tbsp coconut oil
love heart shape cookie cutter ♡ ♡ (I got mine from the cheap shop 😉 )
dehydrated rose petals
how to make:
1. add all ingredients to a processor and process until combined, roughly, its fine if theres chunky bits of nuts and berries, this will look good and give it an uneven texture. Just ensure the cacao powder is evenly distributed.
2. Scrape out mixture onto a piece of baking paper, place another piece on top and roll out mixture flat with a rolling pin.. or a bottle of wine…
3. Cut out your cookies with the cookie cutter. re-roll mixture, re-cut cookies, until all the mixture is cut into little love hearts.
4. you may choose to leave your raw cookies like this, or turn your oven onto its lowest heat setting, for me this is about 50 degrees. I placed the cookies onto a lined tray and in the oven with the door open for about 20-30 minutes or until slightly dried out. if your a kitchen whiz and have a food dehydrator then use that, I’m jealous, I wish i had one!
5. if you want to decorate the cookies with dehydrated raspberries and rose petals then do the same with these as the cookies, they may take longer, then sprinkle these over the cookies.
you may choose to store these in the freezer if you want them to keep for a few weeks/months, or the fridge if you would like them for a couple of weeks.
Anyway I hope you like this little recipe, and whoever ends up getting a taste of them!
Have a wonderful week, and Happy Valentines day! ❥ ❥ ❥
now, I’m off to relax on my very long overdue holiday 🙂