With Mother’s Day just a sleep away I thought I would share a quick simple beautiful treat recipe that you can make for that special lady in your life, mum 💕
It’s funny, you really come to appreciate things when you don’t have them around! Like my Mum. I miss her like crazy!! But also my vitamix.. The jug broke over a week ago so I’ve been blender-less. And wow do I miss it!!
So anyway, the happy news is, I have a new jug and I’m ready to get blending!
This recipe has been on my mind all week, so here it is:
1/2 cup Cacao powder
1/2 cup Coconut oil
1/2 cup fresh medjool dates (approximately 8)
3 tbsp organic maple syrup (or rice malt, coconut nectar etc)
1/3 cup nut butter (nut/seed butter such as almond butter, tahini, peanut butter, etc)
Good pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup Pistachios
3/4 cup Frozen raspberries
How to make it-
1. Add all ingredients to the blender, except the cacao, pistachios and raspberries!
2. Blend until smooth and creamy, stir in cacao powder and then blend again.
3. Line a slice tin with baking paper (I’ve used a loaf tin) (or cling wrap)
4. Pour/ spoon the mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in pistachios and half the raspberries.
5. Transfer to slice tin and smooth it out flat. Crumble remaining raspberry over the top and press in using a spatula.
6. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
7. Remove from freezer and slice into long peices.
8. Store in fridge / freezer. I prefer mine straight out the freezer so the raspberries stay firm!
Hope you enjoy this simple, easy and delicious treat!
Oh and just some sneaky exciting news! I’m working on a super delicious eBook for you all! Stay tuned.